http://robinhardy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/89267-lg.jpg 500 500 Robin Hardy http://robinhardy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/rh-logo.png Robin Hardy2015-10-14 06:00:452015-09-23 15:37:04CALIFORNIA SPRING ROLLS
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tsp (20 mL) wasabi paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Spring Rolls
- 1 lb (450 g) cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed (about 3 cups/750 mL), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 medium seedless cucumber
- 2 avocados
- 12 (8-in./20-cm) rice wrappers
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Combine sauce ingredients in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sauce for shrimp. Cover remaining sauce; refrigerate until ready to serve. Coarsely chop shrimp using Chef’s Knife. Combine shrimp, reserved sauce and salt in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Cut carrots and cucumber into long julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Peel and slice avocados into 24 slices.
- Moisten both sides of one rice wrapper with water using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Arrange a portion of the carrots and cucumber on half of the wrapper to within 1/2 in. (1 cm) of edges. Top with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the shrimp mixture and avocado slices. Fold sides of wrapper in toward center; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers, vegetables and shrimp. Cut spring rolls in half diagonally. Serve with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Pampered Chef.