http://robinhardy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/49726-lg.jpg 500 500 Robin Hardy http://robinhardy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/rh-logo.png Robin Hardy2015-09-30 06:00:492015-09-23 15:20:20MEDITERRANEAN ORZO SALAD
- 1 lb (450g) asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) wedges
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch (1-cm) wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces or 540 mL) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (4 ounces/125 g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted whole kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) prepared Greek vinaigrette dressing
- Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Combine asparagus, bell pepper, onion and oil in Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Press garlic into mixing bowl using Garlic Press; toss to coat using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on Stoneware Bar Pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Cut asparagus and bell pepper into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare orzo according to package directions in (2-qt./1.9 L) Saucepan; drain and rinse under cold running water in small Stainless Mesh Colander. Place orzo in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl. Add vegetable mixture, beans, feta cheese, olives, parsley and salad dressing; toss gently. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over lettuce leaves, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Pampered Chef.