With spring we think about cleaning, new birth, renewal
and the Resurrection of Jesus!
Spring is the perfect time to change your batteries in your smoke detectors as you set your clocks forward, deep clean the house, weed the garden and perhaps clean out your closets. BUT what about your mind, body and spirit?
When was the last time you paused and took a look at your life and the busyness around you?
Spring is a perfect time to take inventory of where you are at in the Lord.
Here is a checklist of questions I like to ask myself at least each spring (if not all year long):
- Do I start my day with the Lord?
- Are my priorities in order, according to what is really important (not what I think might be important)
- What do I need to say no to that is not where I am called to be?
- What am I making excuses about to avoid doing it?
- Am I plugged into a solid Christian group of women?
- Am I just staying busy to be busy?
- Am I moving in what God has called me to do?
- What is my heart condition?
- What is my mindset?
- What do I need to change?
- What do I need to release?
- Do I need to forgive anyone?
- Have I been building other women up or tearing them down?
- Do I invest in my marriage?
- Do I invest in my spiritual growth?
You can add or create your own questions to evaluate where you are at in your walk with the Lord Jesus.
“Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Romans 12:2 ESV
You see God calls us to be transformed by renewing our minds and not conforming to the world around us. The only way we can do that is by taking the time to press into the Lord and be willing to evaluate our lives as they are.
When was the last time you took inventory on your life?
Take the time today to pause and ask the Lord to reveal to you the areas you need to redefine or focus on, and HE will direct you.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.”
Proverbs 3:5 ESV
So celebrate spring and take the time to not only clean out your closet, garage…take time to clean out your heart and renew it in the Lord Jesus!