We know the Bible tells us to gather together and build each other up…
“And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Hebrews 10:24-25 NKJV
There are many ways we can gather together to fellowship, obviously we can join together for a Bible study as a group. There we can learn together and pray for each other on a regular basis. We have found that we can develop some amazing relationships in this setting as we grow and learn together.
Your Bible study may break for the Summer for a few months, however that does not mean the fellowship should stop. I love the idea of creating a “girls night” or “girls day” once a month during the break. This way you can keep in touch and build the relationships.
Here are some ideas for your time together:
- Board Game Fun: Bring a couple of board games and some light snacks to create a fun time playing together. You can bring a CD or two for the ambiance and even some fun prizes for the games like bubbles, a slinky, etc.
- Coffee Chat: Brew a good coffee and invite the girls to bring in their favorite flavored creamers and maybe some favorite finger sized desserts to share. Then print out a fun game you can play, here is a great resource for some: http://www.juliabettencourt.com
- Craft Time: If your ladies like to relax and get creative then gather together to make a special craft. Perhaps make some cards or paint a picture. There are several places that will draw a canvas for you to paint. Or meet at one of the Paint Party places and have fun without the clean-up.
- Movie Night: You can gather at a local movie theater OR make your own theater! Grab a fun movie and then pop some popcorn. Have each lady bring a snack, dessert or beverage. Encourage everyone to come in their PJ’s or comfy clothes and just have fun. I love the idea of a good comedy so you can laugh together, nothing better than a great belly laugh with other girls!
- Meet for Lunch: Do you have a favorite spot to have lunch? Perhaps a place with an outdoor patio area. Try to keep it a cost effective place so all the ladies can join you.
Be sure to invite EVERYONE to the special days. I witnessed recently a ministry leader that hand selected the ones she wanted to attend a fun day which left several feeling left out. Remember as a leader our role is to lead by example and build up the other women, leaving girls out is not edifying nor is it a good example of a leader.
Make this a fun time to build relationships with each other and relax. You could even do something like this for your last meeting of the season. The key is to have fun and create something that is not stressful to pull together.
What is your favorite group thing to do?