Can you believe it is fall upon us already?
During Morning Minutes (the Healthy Mindset Cafe Facebook page Live recordings) we have been talking about the “why” we should keep ourselves healthy.
A few reasons why God wants us to be healthy, fit and well (notice I did not say skinny):
- We should be Glorifying God (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- We need to take care of our bodies as they are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- We need to be a good witness to others (Acts 1:8)
- We will have more energy to do what God has called us to do (Ephesians 2:10
And I know what you are saying now…where do I start? What do I do? Can I even handle this?
- You start today
- Identify areas that are weak in your health and start there
- You can do this with baby steps
You see sometimes it is as simple as eating less fast food and more veggies. Other times maybe it is getting your body to stop
craving sugar and other foods that may cause you to feel sluggish or ill. It could be just eating smaller meals or eating consistently.
If we take care of our bodies, our heath we can accomplish so much more each day. When we feel good physically, mentally falls into place to. Are you ready to THRIVE with your health?
- Eat (1) healthy meal a week, then build up to 6 a week. A cheat day is healthy, it will help you stay on track.
- Drink more water each day, add a glass each day until you are drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces
- Exercise or movement as I like to call it, add 20 minutes a day…one day at a time
- Take 10 minute mind rest breaks during the day
- Start your day with the Lord, even if it is only 10 minutes (it will grow)
So are you ready to take the challenge and improve your health starting today so you can THRIVE?