https://robinhardy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/72974-lg.jpg 500 500 Robin Hardy https://robinhardy.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Robin.png Robin Hardy2015-10-07 06:00:112015-09-23 15:29:39TUSCAN SALMON AND BEAN SALAD
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) small capers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) snipped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- Bean Spread and Salad
- 1` can (15 oz or 540 mL) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 8 oz (250 g) skinless salmon fillet, poached (see Chef’s Corner)
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) small capers
- 8 thin slices ciabatta bread, toasted
- For dressing, whisk ingredients in Small Batter Bowl until well blended. For bean spread, mash 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the beans with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the dressing in Prep Bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For salad, combine remaining beans, red pepper and poached salmon in Stainless (2-qt./2 L) Mixing Bowl. Drizzle 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- When ready to serve, spoon bean mixture evenly into small serving bowls. Arrange tomato and bread slices on serving plates; spoon salad next to tomatoes. Garnish with capers. To serve, spread bean spread on ciabatta bread slices; top with tomato slices and salad.
Recipe courtesy of Pampered Chef.